DUCK FEATHER FILLED CUSHION INNERS
These 100% duck feather cushion inners are a great way to add a touch of luxury to any seating area.
Not only is this cushion 100% duck feather, but it also benefits from a 100% cotton case.
Sizes available are:
18” x 18” (45cm x 45cm)
20” x 20” (50cm x 50cm)
22” x 22” (55cm x 55cm)
24” x 24” (60cm x 60cm)
100% Duck Feather Cushions
Some cushions can be rigid and hard. However, because duck feathers are so soft, they will mould around the body, providing comfort and support.
Some can also become flat and lifeless over time. Because these are filled with feathers, simply shake and the shape will come back to life.
If you have an allergy to birds or to the allergens that be get trapped in the feathers, then we wouldn’t recommend purchasing this product.
Goose Feather vs Duck Feather
There aren’t many differences between duck and goose.
If you have duck and goose feather cushions at home, the main difference you might notice is the weight.
This is because goose clusters are usually larger than duck, meaning less of them are needed to fill a cushion. This makes them slightly lighter.
It is down to the individual as to whether this is a benefit for you.
100% Cotton Cushion Cover
Cotton is a completely natural material that is known for its quality and softness.
It is naturally hypogenic, which allows your body to breathe. It will also work to keep your cool and dry all through the night.
It also doesn’t need to be washed as much as some synthetic materials. This is because it is breathable and doesn’t retain odours.
Cotton is surprisingly strong and durable, so it will last you a long time.
How Do I Wash a Feather Cushion?
Washing these cushions is a lot easier than you might think:
- Firstly, take them out of any covers they might be in.
- Check the lining for any tears or holes. These will need sewing up before washing.
- Put them into the washing machine.
- Use a low suds basic detergent.
- Select a delicate cycle.
- Once finished, put them on for another spin and rinse. This will make sure all the detergent has been completely washed out.
- Take the cushions out and place them between two towels. Squeeze out the excess water.
- Put in the tumble dryer to remove most of the moisture.
- Then dry in sunlight to kill any remaining bacteria.